Do you have the best BBQ in Kenosha?
Here’s your chance to prove it! Kenosha’s Best BBQ Contest is FREE and open to all Kenosha area restaurants, pubs, and caterers. The event will take place on Friday, August 25th from 4:00pm until 7:00pm. The winner will display a traveling trophy for the year, a plaque to keep, and most importantly, bragging rights as Kenosha’s Best BBQ!
Festival guests will purchase a $10 tasting card to sample the delicious BBQ and vote for their favorite. Winners will be announced at 8:00pm following the contest.
- Minimum of ten (10) participating restaurants, pubs, and caterers
- No entry fee
- Precook your best barbecue pork (ie. ribs, ham, pulled pork, etc…) and bring enough to give 500 samples in one ounce cups (about 20 pounds cooked)
- Must be set up by 3:45pm
- At least one representative must stay the whole time between 4–7pm
- We will provide a table and two chairs and you may bring a banner to hang on the table as well as your promotional material. How you decorate the area for samples is up to you.
- We will provide 500 one-ounce paper cups for you to place samples in
- We will provide warming trays and sternos for your pork (the contest area does not have electricity)
- CASH RETURN: Thirty percent (30%) of the profits from the sale of the tasting cards for the Kenosha’s Best BBQ Contest will be divided equally among the contestants to help offset the cost of the pork.